Time & Location
Sep 18, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – Oct 23, 2021, 12:30 p.m.
Ladysmith, 444 Parkhill Terrace, Ladysmith, BC V9G 1V6, Canada
About the Event
Join poet John Edwards and painter Leona Petrak for a series of six creative development sessions. Use landscape images held within your memory to create new personal poetry and paintings. We will connect different ways of exploring and expressing a theme, and this class is suitable for all experience levels. The instructors will lead you in using memory during the creative process to foster your authentic personal voice in both visual art and the written word. Produce thoughtful and mature works that fall far from the cliché.
Each class will also introduce a new set of principles for painting and creating a specific genre of poem. Personal attention will be consistently available to students throughout the process.
Recommended Materials List:
- a sketchbook (minimum 9” x 12”)
- a canvas (suggested 16" x 20")
- favourite writing and drawing tools (such as pens, pencils, felt pens)
- brushes (1” and round #10, suggested synthetic)
- acrylic paints (personal choice of colours)