Time & Location
May 02, 2023, 3:00 p.m. PDT – May 30, 2023, 5:00 p.m. PDT
Ladysmith, 444 Parkhill Terrace, Ladysmith, BC V9G 1V6, Canada
About the Event
In this beginner-level series, we will explore the basics of acrylic painting. If you've always wanted to paint or are looking to build your knowledge and confidence with this accessible medium, then this course is a great place to start. We will review the use of tools and colour theory and dive into ideas about composition and technique while working on a series of exercises and mini paintings.
Your teacher Jennifer O’Brien is an award-winning acrylic artist and instructor who currently resides in Chemainus. She spent the last decade instructing classes for all ages at her studio in Kamloops. Jennifer enjoys sharing her love of creating through painting, drawing, sculpting and pottery.
Recommended Supply List (if you purchase at Iron Oxide, let them know it is for a Ladysmith Arts class to receive a 10% discount):
- Round Brushes: #4 and #8 needed, #12 optional
- Flat Brushes: #4, #8, and #12 needed
- Detail Brush: #2 needed
- Heavy-bodied acrylic paints such as Golden, Liquitex or other professional-grade brand: Titanium White, Carbon Black, Phthalo Blue, Cadmium Yellow or a primary yellow, Quinacridone Magenta or a primary red
- Mixed Media Paper Booklet: 7x10" or larger (Canson or Strathmore are good brands)
- Four 4x4" or 6x6" canvases or canvas panels
- palette knife
- flat vinyl mixing palette