Location: Ladysmith Waterfront Gallery
The Waterfront Gallery is the flagship of the Arts Council of Ladysmith and District. With 13 000 visitors in 2018 and 19 curated shows a year, the Gallery Host is the first person visitors to the Gallery meet. The position is of prime importance as it represents the ACLD to our visitors.
This position includes but are not limited to the following:
· Greet visitors as they enter the Giftshop or Gallery
· Answer any questions of visitors or find a person that can do that
· Answer the telephone and direct calls
· Record volunteer hours and sign up for shifts
· Transact sales from both the Gallery and Giftshop
· Follow correct financial procedures
· Ensure the Gallery is neat
· Operate the CD player for music
· Read and ensure an understanding of the policies and procedures of the Gallery and Giftshop
· The ability to work with money
· Passion and interest in the Arts
· Enjoy talking to visitors from all over the world
· Ability to deal with busy times as well as slower times in the Gallery
· Willingness to take on extra tasks during slow times.
Attend training of one day
4 hour shifts per week as many times of the month as you are able to do.
Formal training takes place once per month for new volunteers
Benefit to Volunteer:
Become part of the most vibrant art community on Vancouver Island. Meet new and interesting artists and art lovers. Enjoy volunteering in a wonderful art space where you can get a break from everyday chores. Attend events organized for volunteers at least once a year.