Location: ACLD office, some from home possible
Education is part of our mandate, and also a source of funding for the organization. It is of vital importance that we offer quality, well organized programming to attract the best teachers and students. Through Education we serve the community. We offer workshops usually lasting a weekend or three days and ongoing classes and drop in.
This position includes but are not limited to the following:
· Survey the community to decide on needed programming.
· Recruit, interview and hire teachers with skills and experience
· Work with the marketing team to advertise programs
· Schedule classes to optimize space use as well as suit both teachers and students
· Orientate teachers as to our procedures
· Be the liaison between the board and Education component
· Putting processes in place as needed
To ensure the person in this position will be successful the candidate must love working with people. Excellent communication skills and organizational skills. Familiarity with MS Office / Google docs for scheduling and other documentation. Availability to problem solve as necessary. A passion for education and the arts.
Report to Board (Monthly 2 hours)
Teacher orientation (Twice a year for an hour)
Teacher recruitment, interview and hiring (Two hours as needed, three to four times per year)
Scheduling classes (Two hours as needed, three to four times per year)
Liason with marketing group etc ( Two hours as needed)
Liaison with teachers /students( two hours per week)
Training will be provided as needed. A general orientation about the work of the ACLD will be provided.
This position will utilize your great organizational skills. You will work with a wonderful group of artists and enthusiastic students. You will be part of a great team of programmers working on the various aspects of our programming.